Admissions / Schemes / Refund Procedures
STEi Institute is committed to maintain a high level of good business practice and transparency with our Students. To this end, we have adopted the following Refund Procedure.
Execution of Refund
- Upon receiving requests for refund from students due to reasons such as withdrawal, STEi shall, as soon as practicable after receiving the Student’s notice of withdrawal (and in any event no later than seven (7) working days after receiving such notice refund to the student the amount to be refunded.
- Students who have requested any refund by means of withdrawal or transfer by their own volition will have to consult with STEi staff. An interview will be conducted by the Operations Department to verify if the student requires aid in personal problems, and seek to provide assistance where requested; be it the provision of counselling via the Pastoral Counselling Team, alternative arrangements for students to service school fee instalments, etc.
- Students who, after the interview and any services provided by STEi, wish to proceed with the withdrawal/transfer process will then submit the STEi Withdrawal & Refund Request Form. Parent or Guardian will be required to be present if the student is below 18 years old.
- STEi Corporate Department will process the form and inform the student of the refund available to the student. Upon acknowledgement of the refund amount by the student, STEi Corporate Department will proceed to inform the FPS provider, Liberty Insurance Pte Ltd, of the changes to the student’s Fee Protection Status. Parent or Guardian will also need to acknowledge if the student is below 18 years old.
- A student’s request for withdrawal under the conditions of “Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons”, more than zero (0) days after the course’s Commencement Date shall not be eligible for any refund.
- Duration taken to refund the fees will be 7 working days from the date of receipt of the Withdrawal & Refund Request application.
- All the various references to Clauses/Schedules are valid to the Standard PEI-Student Contract.
- Student who transfers from the course to another course with STEi shall be deemed to have withdrawn due to other reasons.