Admissions / Schemes / Refund Policy
STEi is committed to maintain a high level of good business practice and transparency with our customers (Students). To this end, we have adopted the following Refund Policy.
Important Points to Take Note:
- The initial Application Fee for Course Application is strictly Non-Refundable under all circumstances.
“REFUND POLICY” refers specifically ONLY to the “Course Fees” stipulated in Schedule B and “Miscellaneous Fees” stipulated in Schedule C of the “Standard STEi-Student Contract” signed between STEi and the Student.
Refund Due to Non-Delivery of Course
We have put in place service guarantees to protect our students. This shall come into effect after Standard STEi-Student Contract is signed between STEi Institute and the Student.
Students are entitled to immediate withdrawal from Course (termed as “Withdrawal Due to Non-Delivery of Course”) whereby STEi Institute, for any reason, under the following conditions:
- It does not commence the Course by the Course Commencement Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Course Commencement Date;
- It does not complete the Course by the Course Completion Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Course Completion Date;
- It has not ensured that the Student meets the course entry or matriculation requirement as set by STEi Institute stated in Schedule A of the Standard STEi-Student Contract within any stipulated timeline set by CPE; or
- The Student’s Pass application is rejected by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
The Student will be informed in writing of alternative study arrangements (if any), and also be entitled to a refund of the entire Course Fees and Miscellaneous Fees already paid should the Student decide to withdraw, within seven (7) working days of the above notice.
Refund Due to Other Reasons
Where the Student withdraws from the Course due to Other reason than those stated above, STEi Institute will, within seven (7) working days of receiving the Student’s written notice of withdrawal, refund to the Student an amount based on STEi Institute’s Refund Policy as per stated in Schedule D of the Standard STEi-Student Contract.
Refund During Cooling-Off Period
STEi Institute will provide the Student with a cooling-off period of seven (7) working days after the date that the Standard STEi-Student Contract has been signed by both parties.
The Student will be refunded the highest percentage (stated in Schedule D of the Standard STEi-Student Contract) of the fees already paid if the Student submits a written notice of withdrawal to STEi within the cooling-off period, regardless of whether the Student has started the course or not.
Refund Table (Stipulated under Schedule D of the Standard STEi-Student Contract)
|% of [the amount of fees paid under Schedules B and C of the Standard PEI-Student Contract]||If Student’s written notice of withdrawal is received:|
|[50%]||(“Maximum Refund”) More than  days before the Course Commencement Date|
|[20%]||Before, but not more than  days before the Course Commencement Date|
|[0%]||After, but not more than  days after the Course Commencement Date|
|[0%]||More than  days after the Course Commencement Date|
The amount refunded will take account of any applicable bank administrative charges properly payable/paid under the Standard PEI-Student Contract signed between STEi and the Student.
No Refund of Course Fees Under the Following Circumstances
A Student requests to withdraw under the conditions of Withdrawal due to Other Reasons”, more than zero (0) days after the course’s Commencement Date shall not be eligible for any refund.
Payment of Approved Refund of Course Fees
- Approved refund is paid in Singapore dollars.
- Approved refund is paid within seven (7) working days after receiving written notice for refund of the course from the student.
- Approved refund shall be in accordance to the Standard STEi-Student Contract that was signed between STEi and the Student.