Admissions / Schemes / Withdrawal Procedures
Withdrawal Policy and Procedure
The purpose of the Procedure is to lay down the guidelines and process for implementation for the students who opt for withdrawal of Course from STEi. The implementation of the withdrawal is to ensure students’ interests are well protected in administering the student’s withdrawal from course.
STEi has in place a procedure to execute withdrawal applications. For the sake of congruity and to provide fairness and equitability to students, the procedure has been aligned with the withdrawal policy
Conditions for Withdrawal Due to Non-Delivery of Course
We have put in place service guarantees to protect our students. This shall come into effect after Standard PEI-Student Contract is signed between STEi Institute and the Student.
Students are entitled to immediate withdrawal from Course (termed as “Withdrawal Due to Non-Delivery of Course”) whereby STEi Institute, for any reason, under the following conditions:
- It does not complete the Course by the Course Commencement Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Course Commencement Date;
- It does not complete the Course by the Course Completion Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Course Completion Date;
- It has not ensured that the Student meets the course entry or matriculation requirement as set by STEi Institute stated in Schedule A of the Standard STEi-Student Contract within any stipulated timeline set by CPE; or
- The Student’s Pass application is rejected by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
The Student will be informed in writing of alternative study arrangements (if any), and also be entitled to a refund of the entire Course Fees and Miscellaneous Fees already paid should the Student decide to withdraw, within seven (7) working days of the above notice.
Conditions for Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons
Where the Student withdraws from the Course due to Other reason than those stated above, STEi Institute will, within seven (7) working days of receiving the Student’s written notice of withdrawal, refund to the Student an amount based on STEi Institute’s Refund Policy as per stated in Schedule D of the Standard STEi-Student Contract.
Deemed Withdrawal – Transfer
A Student who transfers from the Course to another course within STEi shall, be deemed to have withdrawn from the Course and the provisions of “Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons” above shall apply unless otherwise agreed between STEi and the Student. A New Standard PEI-Student Contract needs to be signed for the New Course conducted by STEi.
Execution of Withdrawal
- Upon receiving request from student for his or her intentions for withdrawal, an interview will be conducted out by the Operations Staff. This is to verify if the student requires any aid to personal problems or seeking any assistance from the School.
- Where requested; be it the provision of via the pastoral care counselling team, alternative arrangements for students to service school fee instalments, etc.
- Students who, after the interview and any services provided by STEi, wish to proceed with the withdrawal process will then submit the Withdrawal & Refund Request Form.
- Withdrawal & Refund Request Form will be carried by STEi with the student requesting for withdrawal. Parent or Guardian will be required to be present if the student is below 18 years old.
- Upon acknowledgement of the refund amount by the student, STEi will proceed to inform the FPS provider, DBS Bank Ltd, of the changes to the student’s Fee Protection Status, as well as the amounts to be reimbursed to the Student, if applicable. Parent or Guardian will also need to acknowledge if the student is below 18 years old.
- All the various references to Clauses/Schedules are valid to the Standard PEI-Student Contract.
- Student who transfers from the course to another course with STEi shall be deemed to have withdrawn due to other reasons.