Admissions / Schemes / Transfer Procedures
Transfer Policy and Procedure
The purpose of the Transfer Procedure is to lay down the guidelines and process for implementation for the students who opt for transfer of Course from STEi. The implementation of the transfer is to ensure students’ interests are well protected in administering the student’s transfer or withdrawal from course.
STEi has in place a procedure to execute transfer or withdrawal applications. For the sake of congruity and to provide fairness and equitability to students, the procedure has been aligned with the transfer policy.
A Student who wishes to transfer to another School or from one Course to another Course within STEi Institute, will be deemed to have withdrawn from the Course under the conditions of “Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons”.
Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons
Where the Student withdraws under the conditions for Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons, STEi Institute will, within seven (7) working days of receiving the Student’s written notice of withdrawal, refund to the Student an amount based on STEi Institute’s Refund Policy as per stated in Schedule D of the Standard STEi-Student Contract.
Execution of Transfer
- Upon receiving request from a student for transfer, an interview will be carried out by Operations Department on the reasons for the transfer. Parent or Guardian consent letter for transfer is required if the student is below 18 years old.
- A request for Transfer of Course within STEi will be sent to ICA on-line for approval.
- Upon approval or rejection from ICA for the transfer, STEi will notify the Student and the Student’s Parent or Guardian if the student is below 18 years old will also be notified accordingly.
- For the approved case, STEi will then process the transfer process on Withdrawal & Refund Request Form with the Student. Parent or Guardian will be required to be present if the student is below 18 years old. STEi will inform the student of the refund available.
- Upon acknowledgement of the refund amount by the student, STEi will proceed to inform the FPS provider, DBS Bank Ltd, of the changes to the student’s Fee Protection Status, as well as the amounts to be reimbursed to the Student, if applicable. Parent or
- Guardian will also need to acknowledge if the student is below 18 years old.
- A new Standard PEI-Student Contract is to be signed for the new course in STEi Institute for transfer of course within STEi.
Flow Chart – Request for Transfer
- All the various references to Clauses/Schedules are valid to the Standard PEI-Student Contract.
- Student who transfers from the course to another course with STEi shall be deemed to have withdrawn due to other reasons.