Student's Support Service
STEi's mission to be the preferred choice private educational institution of international students intending to pursue higher education in Singapore. To achieve this standing, we have embarked on a programme of learning in an environment which will become a benchmark of experience for all our students. We are intent on providing a host of student services that would surpass expectations.
Medical Insurance Scheme
STEi's Undertaking to Provide Medical Insurance Coverage:
STEi hereby confirms and undertakes to the Student that it has in place a medical insurance scheme for all its students as required by CPE under EduTrust certification scheme. This medical insurance scheme shall minimally provide for an annual coverage limit of not less than S$20,000 per student, at least B2 ward in Government and Restructured Hospitals and 24 hours coverage in Singapore and overseas (if student is involved in school-related activities) throughout the course duration, and the Student is encouraged to seek advice on whether more comprehensive insurance cover is required or desired.
PEI-appointed medical insurance provider: HSBC Insurance (Singapore) Pte Ltd
Singapore Citizen (SC)/ Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) and Non-Student's Pass International Students (Opt out)
A SPR or a Non-Student's Pass International student who is protected by his own medical insurance coverage in Singapore can opt out from the medical insurance scheme arranged for by STEi.
Important Note: The S$20,000 Annual Medical Insurance Coverage would Only Commence after the Student has signed the Standard PEI-Student Contract and has paid the Course Fees (when Student enrols into STEi) for the first year. For subsequent year of Study, the Student has to pay the Medical Insurance Premium as stated in Schedule 2.2, for the Continuous Medical Insurance Coverage.
STEi Student Code of Conduct
STEi is committed to the education and the highest ethical and professional standards of conduct being part of our mission in providing a quality-learning environment.
To achieve this goal, STEi depends on student's ethical behaviour and integrity, respect for each individual's rights and accountability for his or her actions.
The following terms, rules and clauses are laid down to ensure that the students taking up any studies with STEi shall adhere to the rules:
- I understand the Conditions or Obligations that applies to a Student Pass Holder and I shall not breach any of the Student Pass requirements.
- I shall not disclose course syllabus, course notes or any material and information related to the education and/or training without seeking the permission of STEi.
- I shall not violate any code of conduct/ student discipline rules or policies of STEi.
- I shall not wilfully disrupt any teaching, study, assessment or other activities of the administration of STEi.
- I shall not wilfully damage or wrongfully deal or steal any property under the control of the STEi or associated training premises of STEi; any property on the premises; or property on a location where a student is present under the auspices of STEi.
- I shall not seek unauthorised entry into; unauthorised use of; misuse of or unauthorised behaviour within the training premises such as smoking or consuming any alcoholic drinks without the authorisation of STEi and workshop.
- I shall not disobey, without reasonable cause, any instruction of an employee of STEi including failing to leave any premise/ building or part of a premise/ building when directed to do so.
- I shall not withhold relevant information or furnish false or misleading information for purposes connected with academic progression or enrollment or proposed enrollment as a student, whether such withholding or furnishing of information takes place before or after I become a student of STEi.
- I shall not act dishonestly or unfairly with respect to any examination or assessments conducted by STEi within or outside the premises of STEi or workshop.
- I shall not do an act or omission that may endanger the safety or health of any person.
- I shall not physically or verbally assault or attempt to assault any person.
- I shall not be involved in any criminal activities. I shall not administer, consume or be in anyway engaged in the trafficking of any controlled drugs as defined in the Misuse of Drugs Act.
Course Information and Advice
Students may seek advice from our officers on course information pertaining to their courses or for advice on continuation courses. Please do browse our brochure
Student's Complaint/ Grievance Handling Procedure – Flowchart
Click here to view.
The Student's Complaint/ Grievance Handling Procedure Where the Complaints/ Grievances are raised to The Council for Private Education (CPE)
Click here to view.
ACCOMMODATION & RELATED COSTS (HOSTEL)
The courses offered by STEi are non-residential. International students are required to make their own accommodation arrangements and pay for it . The student counsellor of STEi may however provide advice to students on possible cost-effective accommodations at no charge or commission. The range of monthly accommodation rates tabulated below is for students' information and guidance only.
|Hostel||Monthly Rates in Singapore Dollars can range from|
|Accommodation without meals||S$225 to S$640 per month.|
|Accommodation with meals||S$500 to S$920 per month.|
ESTIMATED COSTS OF LIVING
The table below provides guidance to international students on the expected estimated cost of living in Singapore:
|Item||Estimated Expenses Per Month|
(Depends on Type of Accommodation)
|S$225 to S$640 per month.|
|Meals||S$275 to S$300 per month.|
|Public Transport||S$100 to S$180 per month.|
(Depending on Lifestyle and Spending Habits)
|S$100 to S$150 per month.|
STEi is committed to provide the best learning opportunities to our students. Holiday Inn Hotel (which we are located in their Atrium) has graciously and making the industry expectations by providing regular monthly talks to our students on the hotel industry in areas and topics which would not normally be accessible to students. They hear first hand on the challenges faced by hotel employees, their tasks and roles and most often not appreciated. They get to tour the hotel departments taking in the backroom activities and work going on in housekeeping, kitchen, banquet, room service, front office, marketing, food & beverage, restaurants and many more.
These talks are conducted to provide students with a holistic and well rounded approach to learning. Professionals, school management staff and experts from the various fields conduct these talks on topics of interest, well-being, development and simply the world at large.
STEi believes in support the community through involvement in their activities. Such activities helps to broaden the horizon of our students and also to make them have the believe in themselves.
We participated in the Red Cross Bazaar which was held in October 2009.
Though we stress on quality education, we have by no means forgotten the human element of well-being. Relaxation activities are organised by both the school and students. These may be held in school or outside school.
With the convenient and strategic location of STEi, we are surrounded by modern day amenities, besides those provided by STEi.
See our facilities.
Wireless Internet Connections
Our school has the convenience and high speed wireless internet connections in all our classrooms and general areas.
Our Library is situated at a cosy area and furnished with comfortable furniture and really spoilt for an exacting student looking for a nice cup of coffee to go with the reading pleasure.scroll back to top